The City of Ottawa is ready to welcome you and your family back to Ottawa’s recreation and arts facilities with a wide range of activities which you can browse in the Winter 2022 Recreation and Arts eGuides, now online.
The CIty says many programs will now allow a larger number of participants, reflecting the easing of provincial COVID-19 restrictions. Swimming lessons geared to younger children will continue to have parental or guardian accompaniment based on the age of the child.
The City’s recreation programming will remain flexible and responsive with all COVID-related measures and protocols, to ensure we provide a safe and fun environment for all participants.
Looking ahead to next week, registration for swimming lessons and other aquatic programs will be on Monday, December 6 starting at 9 pm and all other recreation and arts programs on Wednesday, December 8 starting at 9 pm.
The 2022 Winter eGuides provide many choices of activities, offered in English and French, for you and your family to stay active this winter. Explore a large variety of programs including:
- Learn to swim, specialty swim and aquatic certifications
- Learn to skate
- Sports and fitness, such as martial arts, soccer and cross-country skiing
- General interest, such as playgroups, dog obedience, dance and art
- Instructional creative and performing arts, such as painting, music and dance
- Inclusive recreation
- PA days activities and winter break camps
- Virtual programming for real-time online activities
If you have a busy schedule or just want to try something new from the warm comforts of home, the City will continue to offer a wide array of virtual offerings.