OTTAWA, MAy 19, 2022 – The kind folks at the City of Ottawa would like to remind Ottawa residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Victoria Day holiday on Monday, May 23.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive, 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, May 23. Collection scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday, May 24. Collection will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed the following week by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Monday, May 23.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo bus service and O-Train Line 1 will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 24.
- On Monday, May 23, the whole family can ride all day for $11.00 on a single DayPass (link is external)! Purchase your Family DayPass at any ticket machine or from your bus operator. A family can be made up of as many as six people, with a maximum of two aged 13 or older.
- New this year: children aged seven and under ride for no charge every day!
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open on Monday, May 23 from 8 am to 9.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be closed on Monday, May 23.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres are currently closed.
- Heartwood House (link is external) (OC Transpo Lost and Found) will be closed on Monday, May 23.
- Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service on Monday, May 23.
- Regular bookings on Monday, May 23 are automatically cancelled.
- Customers can book trips for these dates one week prior by calling 613-560-5000 or using the online web form (link is external).
- The reservations line will remain open from 7 am to 5 pm, while the trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
For more information on Victoria Day service, visit octranspo.com (link is external) or call (613) 560-5000.
Recreation and cultural services
- Pools, arenas and recreation and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules. Please check with the facility directly for details.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Monday, May 23. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- Shenkman Arts Centre is closed on Monday, May 23.
- Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe is closed on Monday, May 23.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed on Monday, May 23.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page (link is external) for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing page (link is external) for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be open on Monday, May 23 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- The Sexual Health Clinic (link is external) and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program (link is external) office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre (link is external) and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed.
- Dental clinics (link is external) will be closed.
- The Baby Help Line (link is external) will be returning calls (open).
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre at 141 Bayview Station Road will be closed on Monday, May 23.
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Avenue will be closed on Monday, May 23.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centreswill be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, May 23. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website (link is external).
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook (link is external), Twitter (link is external) and Instagram (link is external).
SOURCE City of Otttwa news release