Here are the 417 ramp closures and detours August 11 to 15 for bridge work
OTTAWA, August 12, 2022 – Capital Region residents and visitors to Ottawa are reminded that starting Thursday evening, a section of Highway 417, between Metcalfe and Carling/Kirkwood. The full closure in both directions is slated to reopen at 6 am on Monday, August 15, resulting in significant traffic impacts.
Here, the City of Ottawa explains the closure areas and provides detailed maps of how the detours are set up during this period of traffic interruption.
Lane reductions and ramp closures are scheduled to start at 7 pm on Thursday, with the full closure of Highway 417 scheduled to be in place by 8 pm. The closures are required to replace the bridge over Booth Street.
The following 417 on-ramps will also close:
- O’Connor westbound
- Lyon westbound (ongoing)
- Bronson westbound (ongoing)
- Rochester westbound
- Parkdale westbound
- Maitland eastbound
- Carling/Kirkwood eastbound
- Parkdale eastbound
In addition, several municipal road closures are required for this construction:
- Booth Street is closed between Daniel McCann Street and Arlington Street. It is scheduled to reopen on Thursday, August 25.
- Raymond Street is closed between Lebreton Street North and Rochester Street. The segment between Lebreton Street North and Booth Street is scheduled to reopen on Thursday, August 25. The segment between Booth Street and Rochester Street is scheduled to reopen on Saturday, October 30.
- Raymond Street westbound will be closed at Bronson Avenue from 6 pm on Thursday, August 11 to 6 am on Monday, August 15.
- Rochester Street will be closed between Gladstone Avenue and Aberdeen Street from 6 pm on Thursday, August 11 to 6 am on Monday, August 15.
The following detours will be in effect during the closure:
Westbound detour for Highway 417 closure
- Westbound motorists must exit the highway at Metcalfe
- Continue westbound on Catherine Street
- Turn left on Bronson
- Turn right on Carling Avenue
- Take Highway 417 westbound on-ramp from Carling Avenue
Eastbound detour for Highway 417 closure
- Eastbound motorists must exit the highway at Carling/Kirkwood Avenue
- Continue eastbound on Carling Avenue
- Turn left on Bronson Avenue
- Turn right on Chamberlain Avenue
- Continue onto Isabella Street
- Take Highway 417 eastbound on-ramp at Metcalfe Street
SOURCE City of Ottawa